Meet Momma P
Momma P is a mom, wife, follower of Jesus and a retired teacher and principal.
For 12 years Momma P was a 7-10 grade English and History teacher, assistant principal, and principal. While she misses her students dearly, she doesn't miss grading papers! Her students knew that her retirement dream was to drive a polka dotted ice cream truck!
Momma P has two boys who keep her busy and on her toes! Thomas and Abraham don't always enjoy making stops in the ice cream truck but they do enjoy getting free ice cream treats!
Occasionally you may see Momma P's husband, Alex, driving the truck while she talks to her customers at the window. Momma P and Alex have been married for 11 years now! Alex was a great "teacher's husband" and is now a great "ice cream truck" husband!
Momma P loves Jesus and she hopes her customers see that when they visit her truck! Everyone is greeted with kind words and a warm smile! Momma P believes that a little kindness and ice cream can make anyone's day a little better. She runs her business honestly and with lots of love in order to "let her light shine" to everyone who visits her window!
Why do you drive an ice cream truck?:
Momma P got the idea of driving an ice cream truck nearly 10 years ago. Her oldest son, Thomas, was barely a year old when they were visited by the sketchy neighborhood van. Momma P decided that when she retired from teaching she would make the ice cream truck experience fun, memorable, and safe again.
Why polka dots?:
Momma P always knew that her truck would have polka dots! They are super fun!
How do I get you to stop?:
Just wave! Momma P is always keeping an eye out for customers when she visits her neighborhoods. So simply open the front door and wave- Momma P will stop. If she drives by and doesn't see you, come out to the sidewalk and wave! Momma P is always checking behind her to see if she missed anyone!
Fun Facts About Momma P:
• Favorite Place She Has Visited: Iceland
• Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper
• Favorite Color: Blue
• Favorite Footwear: Flip Flops or Converse Sneakers
• Favorite Food: Puerto Rican Rice & Beans
• Favorite Starbucks Drink: Only Ice drinks...Momma P doesn't like hot drinks!
• Favorite Animal: Any baby animal! They are so cute!
• Least Favorite Animals: Spiders! AHH!
• Favorite Ice Cream Truck Treat: Toll House Cookie Sandwich
• Favorite Hobby: Snuggling on the Couch & Watching TV
• Favorite Disney Movies: Ratatouille, Toy Story, and UP
• Favorite Ice Cream of ALL Time: Fjord's Ice Cream Shop in Rapid City, SD
• Favorite US City: New York City
• Favorite Thing in Florida: The Beaches
• Favorite Snack: Popcorn and M&M's